July 2016 – September 2017 Publications:
- A. M. Hurst, R. B. Firestone, B. W. Sleaford, D. L. Bleuel, M. S. Basunia, F. Bečvál, T. Belgya, L. A. Bernstein, J. J. Carroll, B. Detwiler, J. E. Escher, C. Genreith, B. L. Goldblum, M. Kritčka, A. G. Lerch, D. A. Matters, J. W. McClory, S. R. McHale, Zs. Révay, L. Szentmiklosi, D. Turkoglu, A. Ureche, and J. Vujic, “Developments in capture-γ libraries for nonproliferation applications”, EPJ, Submitted Nov 2016
- C.L. Stork, C.C. Ummel, D.S. Stuart, S. Bodily, and B.L. Goldblum, “Dynamic Analysis Environment for Nuclear Forensic Analyses,” Computer Physics Communications 210, 60 (2016).
- J. M. Munson, E. B. Norman, J. T. Burke, R. J. Casperson, L. W. Phair, E. McCleskey, M. McCleskey, D. Lee, R. O. Hughes, S. Ota, A. Czeszumska, P. A. Chodash, A. J. Saastamoinen, R. A. E. Austin, A. E. Spiridon, M. Dag, R. Chyzh, M. S. Basunia, J. J. Ressler, and T. J. Ross, “Decay branching rations of excited Mg,” Physical Review C, (Jan 2017).
September 2015-June 2016 Publications:
- John D. Despotopulos , Kelly N. Kmak, Narek Gharibyan, Thomas A. Brown, Patrick M. Grant, Roger A. Henderson, Kenton J. Moody, Scott J. Tumey, Dawn A. Shaughnessy, Ralf Sudowe “Production and isolation of homologs of flerovium and element 115 at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Center for Accelerator Mass Spectrometry,” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry. October/2015.
- B. Champine, M. E. Gooden, Krishichayan, E. B. Norman, N. D. Scielzo, M. A. Stoyer, K. J. Thomas, A. P. Tonchev, W. Tornow, and B. S. Wang. “Measurement of the 1 69Tm(n,3n)1 67Tm cross section and the associated branching ratios in the decay of 1 67Tm,” Physics Review C 93, 014611 (2016).
- P. A. Chodash, J. T. Burke, E. B. Norman, et al., “Nuclear excitation by electronic transition of 2 35U”, Phys. Rev. C 93, 034610 (2016).
- T.A. Laplace, F. Zeiser, M. Guttormsen, A.C. Larsen, D.L. Bleuel, L.A. Bernstein, B.L. Goldblum, S. Siem, F.L. Bello Garotte, J.A. Brown, L. Crespo Campo, T.K. Eriksen, F. Giacoppo, A. Görgen, K. HadyńskaKleęk, R.A. Henderson, M. Klintefjord, M. Lebois, T. Renstrøm, S.J. Rose, E. Sahin, T.G. Tornyi, G.M. Tveten, A. Voinov, M. Wiedeking, J.N. Wilson, and W. Younes, “Statistical properties of 2 43Pu and 2 42Pu(n,γ) cross section calculation,” Phys. Rev. C 93, 014323 (2016).
- M. Wiedeking, M. Krticka, L.A. Bernstein, J.M. Allmond, M.S. Basunia, D.L. Bleuel, J.T. Burke, B.H. Daub, P. Fallon, R.B. Firestone, et al. “γray decay from neutronbound and unbound states in 95Mo and a novel technique for spin determination.” Phys.Rev. C 93, 024303 (2016).
- C. Alduino,…,E.B.Norman,etal.” Analysis techniques for the evaluation of the neutrino less double]β decay lifetime in 130Te with the CUORE]0 detector” Physical Review C 93,045503 (2016).
- D.L Bleuel, L.A. Bernstein, C.A. Brand, W.S. Cassata, B.H. Daub, L.S. Dauffy, B.L. Goldblum, J.M. Hall, C.A. Hagmann, L.B. Hopkins, H.Y. Khater, A.L. Kritcher, D.H.G. Schneider, S. Siem, C.A. Velsko and M. Wiedeking, “Method for Detection of Nuclear]Plasma Interactions in a 134Xe]Doped Exploding Pusher at the National Ignition Facility,” J. Plasma Fusion Res. 11, 3401075 (2016).
- T Renstrøm, H]T Nyhus, H Utsunomiya, R Schwengner, S Goriely, AC Larsen, DM Filipescu, I Gheorghe, LA Bernstein, DL Bleuel, T Glodariu, A Görgen, M Guttormsen, TW Hagen, BV Kheswa, Y]W Lui, D Negi,IE Ruud, T Shima, S Siem, K Takahisa, O Tesileanu, TG Tornyi, GM Tveten, M Wiedeking. “Low] energy enhancement in the γ]ray strength functions of 73,74Ge.” Phys. Rev. C 93, #6, 064302 (2016).
- G. J. Kumbartzki, N. Benczer]Koller, K.]H. Speidel, D. A. Torres, J. M. Allmond, P. Fallon, I. Abramovic, L. A. Bernstein, J. E. Bevins, H. L. Crawford, Z. E. Guevara, G. Gürdal, A. M. Hurst, L. Kirsch, T. A. Laplace, A. Lo, E. F. Matthews, I. Mayers, L. W. Phair, F. Ramirez, S. J. Q. Robinson, Y.Y. Sharon, and A. Wiens. “Z=50 core stability in 110Sn from magnetic moment and lifetime measurements.” Phys. Rev. C 93, 044316 (2016).
September 2014-August 2015 Publications:
- R. M. Bergmann, J. L. Vujic, “Algorithmic Choices in WARP – A Framework for Continuous Energy Monte Carlo Neutron Transport in General 3D Geometries on GPUs,” Annals of Nuclear Engineering, Volume 77, March 2015, Pages 176–193
- M.D. Abad, S. Parker, D. Kiener, M.M. Primorac, P. Hosemann “Microstructure and mechanical properties of CuxNb1-x alloys prepared by ball milling and high pressure torsion compacting” Journal of Alloys and Compounds. Elsevier. 2015.
- Q. Looker, M. Amman, K. Vetter (UCB), “Amorphous semiconductor contact behavior on high-purity Ge detectors”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A 579 (2007) 886–890, Revised June 22, 2015.
- Q. Looker, M. Amman, K. Vetter, “Inter-‐Electrode Charge Collection in High-‐Purity Germanium Detectors with Amorphous Semiconductor Contacts”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, Volume 781, 1 May 2015, Pages 20–25
- Zev Winkelman and Michael Nacht, “Turkey: Within Range?,” in Strategic Latency and World Power: How Technology is Changing Our Concepts of Security, edited by Z. Davis, M. Nacht and R. Lehman, (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, 2014), pp. 87-106.
- Carolyn Chu and Michael Nacht, “Japan: The Most Obvious Latent Case,” in Strategic Latency and World Power: How Technology is Changing Our Concepts of Security, edited by Z. Davis, M. Nacht and R. Lehman, (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, 2014), pp. 107-118
- Q. Looker, M. Amman, K. Vetter,”Leakage current in high-‐purity germanium detectors with amorphous semiconductor contacts”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, Volume 777, 21 March 2015, Pages 138–147
September 2013-August 2014 Publications:
- A. Iyengar, E.B. Norman, et al., Distinguishing fission of 232Th, 237Np, and 238U with beta-delayed gamma rays Nucl. Instrum. & Meth. B 304, 11 (2013)
- Nicholas D. Scielzo, R. M. Yee, A. Czeszumska, E. B. Norman, et al., “A Novel Approach to β-‐delayed Neutron Spectroscopy Using the Beta-‐Decay Paul Trap,” Nuclear Data Sheets 120, 70 (2014)
- D. R. Artisan, E. B. Norman, B. S. Wang, et al., “Initial performance of the CUORE-‐0 experiment,” European Physics Journal C 74, 2956 (2014)
- D.S. Akerib et. al, First results from the LUX dark matter experiment at the Sanford Underground Research Facility, Physical Review Letters, 112, 091303 (2014)
- J. A. Brown, B. L. Goldblum, L. A. Bernstein, D. L. Bleuel, N.M. Brickner, J.A. Caggiano, B.H. Daub, G.S. Kaufman, R. Hatarik, T. W. Filips, A. A. Wender, K. van Bibber, J. L. Vujic, M. S. and N. P. Zaitseva, “Stilbene-doped bibenzyl single-crystal organic scintillator for neutron detection, Journal of Applied Physics 115, 193504 (2014); doi: 10.1063/1.4878238.”
- J.A. Brown, B.L. Goldblum, L.A. Bernstein, D.L. Bleuel, N.M. Brickner, J.A. Caggiano, B.H. Daub, G.S. Kaufman, R. Hatarik, T.W. Phillips, S.A. Wender, K. van Bibber, J. Vujic, and N.P. Zaitseva, “Relative light yield and temporal response of a stilbene-doped bibenzyl organic scintillator for neutron detection,” J. Appl. Phys. 115, 193504 (2014).
- K. J. Thomas, E. B. Norman, A. R. Smith, and Y. D. Chan., “Installation of a Muon Veto for Low Background Gamma Spectroscopy at the LBNL Low-Background Facility”, Nuclear Instruments & Methods A 724 (2013) 47-53
- L.A. Bernstein, D.L. Bleuel, J.A. Caggiano, C. Cerjan, R. J. Fortner, J. Gostic, P.M. Grant, N. Gharibyan, E.A. Henry, C. Hagmann, R. Hatarik, D. Sayre , D.H.G. Schneider, W. Stoeffl, D. Shaughnessy , D.P. McNabb, K.J. Moody, C.B. Yeamans, N.P Zaitseva, J.A. Brown, B.H. Daub, N.M. Brickner, P.F. Davis, B.L. Goldblum, K. Van Bibber, J. Vujic, R.B. Firestone, A. Hurst, A.M. Rogers, “ Low Energy Neutron Measurement in HED Plasmas using the National Ignition Facility,” Plasma and Fusion Research: Regular Articles, Vol. 9, 4404101, 2014.
- R. M. Yee, E. B. Norman, et al., β-delayed neutron spectroscopy using trapped radioactive ions Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 092501 (2013)
- R. Smith, K. J. Thomas, E. B. Norman, D. L. Hurley, B. T. Lo, Y. D. Chan, P. V. Guillaumon, and B. G. Harvey, Measurements of Fission Products from the Fukushima Daiichi Incident in San Francisco Bay Area Air Filters, Automobile Filters, Rainwater, and Food, Journal of Environmental Protection 5, 207 (2014)
Conference Proceedings and Other Publications
September 2015 – August 2016 Publications:
- O. Akindele, R. Norman, A. Bernstein, “Deteching U-233 Diversion using Antineutrinos,” Transactions of the American Nuclear Society, ANS, November/2015
- T. Renstrom et al. (L. Bernstein) ” First evidence of low energy enhancement in Ge isotopes,” CGS15 – Capture Gamma-ray Spectroscopy and Related Topics, Dresden, Germany, Aug 25-29, 2014. R. Schwenger, K. ZUber, Eds. p.04003 (2015), EPJ Web Conf. 93, (2015)
- A.C. Larsen et al. (L Bernstein), ” Upbend and M1 Scissors Mode in Neutron-rich Nuceli – Consequecnes for r-process (n,y) Reaction Rates,” Acta Phys. Pol. B46, 509 (2015).
September 2014 – August 2015 Publications:
- Barbara Wang, Eric Norman, Nicholas Scielzo, Alan Smith, Keenan Thomas, Stephen Wender, “Cosmogenic-neutron activation of TeO2 and implications for neutrinoless double-beta decay experiments”, arXiv:1503.02095, March 6, 2015.
- Anthony Scopatz, Katy Huff, “Effective Computation in Physics” O’Reilly. Jan/2015 (ebook release)
- Thomas Hickey, Modernization, Deterrence, and Cerutti’s Political Philosophy, The Midnight Watch, Nuclear Policy Working Group, April 2, 2015
- Anna Bella Korbatov, “Forget Philosopher-‐Kings, We Need Scientist-‐Policymakers,” The Midnight Watch, Nuclear Policy Working Group, September 1, 2014.
- M. Nacht (UCB), in Strategic Latency and World Power: How Technology is Changing Our Concepts of Security, edited by Z. Davis, R. Lehman, and M. Nacht (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, 2014).
- Elliott Biondo, Anthony Scopatz, Matthew Gidden, Rachel Slaybaugh, and Cameron Bates. “Quality Assurance within the PyNE Open Source Toolkit.” In Am. Nuc. Soc. Winter Meeting 2014, volume 111. Anaheim, CA, USA, November 2014.
- Cameron Bates, Elliott Biondo, Kathryn Huff, and et al. “PyNE Progress Report.” In Am. Nuc. Soc. Winter Meeting 2014, volume 111. Anaheim, CA, USA, November 2014.
- Huff, Kathryn and Greenberg, Harris and Fratoni, Massimiliano. “Extensions to the CYCLUS Ecosystem in Support of Market-Driven Transition Capability” American Nuclear Society Winter Conference. American Nuclear Society, November, 2014.
September 2013 – August 2014 Publications:
- Alexandra (Sasha) Asghari, “2014 International Symposium on Science and World Affairs,” The Midnight Watch, Nuclear Policy Working Group, August 25, 2014
- Kathryn Huff, “Wise as Athena, Swifter than Hermes – Wonderwomen Gather to Improve Scientific Computing.” The Berkeley Science Review, April 30, 2014.
- Adriana Ureche, “Safeguarding the Future at the 2014 Monterey Institute of International Studies Safeguards Course,” The Midnight Watch, Nuclear Policy Working Group, June 20, 2014.
- A. Czeszumska, N. D. Scielzo, E. B. Norman, R. M. Yee, et. al, “Novel Approach to b-‐Delayed Neutron Spectroscopy,” Proc. ARIS 2014 et al., Proc. ARIS 2014 Conf. (Tokyo, Japan, June 2014) in pressConf. (Tokyo, Japan, June 2014)
- Erika Suzuki, “NPWG Remembers Heino Nitsche,” The Midnight Watch, Nuclear Policy Working Group, August 3, 2014.
- Erika Suzuki, “Breaking the Glass Beaker: Part 1,” The Midnight Watch, Nuclear Policy Working Group, August 19, 2014.
- M. Nacht (UCB), “Recalibrating President Obama’s Global Zero Vision,” Institute of National Security Studies, Tel Aviv, May 2014.
- E. Suzuki and I. Tregub (UCB/LLNL), “Would Japan be Worse Off Building the Bomb? An Analysis of International and Domestic Security Considerations,” Center for Strategic and International Studies, Project on Nuclear Issues, Nuclear Notes, Volume 4, March 2014.
- B.L. Goldblum and J. Vujic, “Nuclear Science and Security Consortium: Training the Next Generation,” in Proceedings of the Institute on Nuclear Materials Management 55th Annual Meeting, Atlanta, 2014, (Institute of Nuclear Materials Management, Deerfield, 2014).
- D. L. Krumwieded, C. Andreades, J-K Choi, At.T. Cisneros, L. Huddar, K. D. Huff, M. R. Laufer, M. Munk, R. O. Scarlat, J.E. Seifried, N. Zweibaum, E. Greenspan, and P. F. Peterson (UCB), “Design of the Mark-1 Pebble-Bed, Flouride-Salt-Cooled, High-Temperature Reactor Commercial Power Plant,” ICAPP 2014, Paper 14231. Charlotte, USA, April 6-9, 2014.
- E. Suzuki, B.L. Goldblum, M. Nacht, S. Prussin, R. L. Brown, and J. Vujic, “Nuclear Security Science and Policy: Connecting Students to Scientists,” in Proceedings of the Institute on Nuclear Materials Management 55th Annual Meeting, Atlanta, 2014, (Institute of Nuclear Materials Management, Deerfield, 2014).
- G. Zhang, J. E. Seifried, P. M. Gorman, C. R. Varela, E. Greenspan, and J. Vujic (UCB) “The fuel-self-sustaining RBWR-Th Core Concept and Parametric Studies,” The 2014 International Congress on the Advances in Nuclear Power Plants (ICAPP-2014), Charlotte, North Carolina, April 6-9, 2014.
- Huff, Kathryn and Greenberg, Harris and Fratoni, Massimiliano. “Extensions to the CYCLUS Ecosystem in Support of Market-‐Driven Transition Capability” American Nuclear Society 2014 Winter Conference.
- J. E. Seifried, P. M. Gorman, E. Greenspan, C. R. Varela, K. L. Vujic, and G. Zhang (UCB), “Comparison of RBWR and SFR design and performance characteristics,” The 2014 International Congress on the Advances in Nuclear Power Plants (ICAPP-2014), Charlotte, North Carolina, April 6-9, 2014.
- J. E. Seifried, P. M. Gorman, J. L. Vujic, and E. Greenspan (UCB), “Accelerated equilibrium core composition within a new MCNP-based simulator,” Joint International Conference on Supercomputing in Nuclear Applications and Monte Carlo (SNA+M&C 2013), Paris France, October 27-31, 2013.
- R. M. Bergmann and J. L. Vujic (UCB), “2D Mono-Energetic Monte Carlo Transport and 3D Ray Tracing on a GPU,” Joint International Conference on Supercomputing in Nuclear Applications and Monte Carlo (SNA+M&C 2013), Paris France, October 27-31, 2013.
- R. M. Bergmann and J. L. Vujic (UCB), “Monte Carlo neutron Transport on GPUs,” Proceedings of the 2014 22nd International Conference on Nuclear Engineering – ICONE22, Prague, Czech Republic, July 7 – 11, 2014.
September 2012 – August 2013 Publications:
- E. Suzuki, B. Goldblum and J. Vujic (UCB), Building a Foundation for the Future of Nuclear Security, Federation of American Scientists Public Interest Report, Volume 66, August 15, 2013.
- K. J. Thomas et al., “Low Background Counting at the LBNL Low Background Facility”, Workshop on Low Radioactivity Techniques, Gran Sasso National Laboratory, Assergi, Italy, April, 2013, AIP Conf. Proc. 1549 p. 20-25
- R. Bergmann, J. Vujic and N. Fischer, “Mono-Energetic 2D Monte Carlo Particle Transport on a GPU,” The 2012 ANS Winter Meeting and Nuclear Technology Expo, San Diego, November 11-16, 2012.
July 2011 – August 2012 Publications: