Now closed. Contact email@example.com for more info.
Download agenda here.
Map of all Event Locations, Parking, Shuttle Access, and Recommended Hotels:
The NSSC Program Review will be held at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Berkeley, CA. The majority of the program review will be held in Building 66.
On Monday evening, a poster reception will be held in the Seaborg Room at the Faculty Club on UC Berkeley Campus. Please note this room is only accessible by going up a flight of stairs.
Lodging (for visitors from outside the Bay Area):
You are free to select your own housing arrangements, however there are some recommendations:
- Berkeley Lab Guest House. Located on LBL campus. Room block reserved, for all information on booking download the NSSC GH Booking Instructions document.
- Bancroft Hotel located near a shuttle bus stop, and the faculty club.
- Downtown Berkeley Inn affordable option in Downtown Berkeley, near shuttle bus stops.
- Graduate Berkeley located near a shuttle bus stop, and the faculty club.
Driving/Parking at Lab:
If you are driving to LBNL and do not already have site access you will need to have site access requested – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have no already requested site access during registration. You will need to check in and say you are attending the “NSSC Program Review” at the LBL gates. Parking lots near Building 66 can be viewed on this map.
Taking the LBL Shuttle:
Before the event: If you do not have access to LBL and are not planning on driving you will need to take the LBL shuttle. The shuttle requires a shuttle pass. If you requested a shuttle pass during registration this will be emailed to you before the event. If you need a shuttle bus pass email email@example.com.
You should print out the pass and show to the shuttle driver when boarding. Please review Instructions for Shuttle Bus Riders before boarding.
Day of the event, detailed instructions for taking the shuttle:
- Have your printed shuttle pass ready to display to driver.
- You should take the orange route shuttle. Shuttle Schedule here.
- If you are boarding the shuttle in downtown Berkeley, you can pick up the shuttle at 2117 Shattuck Ave. This stop is highlighted with a green box in the shuttle bus routes map above. This stop is also photographed below:
- If you are coming from south of campus, the best spot to board would be the East Gate Bus Stop on UC Berkeley Campus. East Gate Shuttle Stop is highlighted with a purple box in the shuttle bus routes map above. This stop is also photographed below:
- Please note: You may need to flag down the bus. You can let the driver know you are looking for Building 66 (highlighted with a red box in the Bus Routes Map above), they can alert you when you are there.
Taking the shuttle from LBL to the Faculty Club:
- Board the Orange Route Shuttle at Building 66, get off at College Ave and Bancroft (shown in blue box on the Bus Routes Map), and pictured below. You will then need to walk a short distance to the faculty club.
Templates for Oral Presentations:
Template for Oral Presentations by Students
Template for Oral Presentations by Faculty
Things to do in Berkeley:
Jupiter – Downtown Berkeley, pizzas & outdoor seating
Free House – South of Campus, burgers etc.
Comal – Downtown Berkeley, High end Mexican food
Lucia’s – Downtown Berkeley, Italian
Ippudo – Downtown Berkeley, Ramen
Tender Greens – Downtown Berkeley, Salads & Entrees
Chez Panisse – North Berkeley