NSSC2 Peer-Reviewed Publications
October 2020 – September 2021 (NSSC2 Year 5):
- Montague, M.E.; Delzer, C.; Wen, X.; Goetz, K.C.; Shedlock, D.; Hayward, J.P. “Radiation Hardness Characterization of LKH-5 Scintillating Glass.”, Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A, 982 (12/2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2020.164551
- Grad. Andrew W. Decker, N. J. Cherepy, Saphon Hok, Jason P. Hayward, “Simulated X-ray Radiographic Performance of a Bismuth-Loaded PVT Array”, IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 10.1109/TNS.2020.3029498, IEEE.
- Daniel Rutstrom, Luis Stand , Bogdan Dryzhakov , Merry Koschan , Charles L. Melcher , Mariya Zhuravleva, “Crystal Growth and Scintillation Properties of New Ytterbium-Activated Scintillators Cs4CaI6:Yb and Cs4SrI6:Yb,” Optical Materials, accepted October, 2020.
October 2019 – September 2020 (NSSC2 Year 4):
- Stand, L., Zhuravleva, M., Johnson J., Koschan, M., Loyd, M., Wu, Y., Lukosi, E., Melcher, C., “Crystal growth and characterization of high performance KSr2BrxI5−x:Eu scintillators.”, Journal of Crystal Growth, 526, 2019.
- Rutstrom D., Stand L., Koschan M., Melcher C., Zhuravleva M. “Europium concentration effects on the scintillation properties of Cs4SrI6:Eu and Cs4CaI6:Eu single crystals for use in gamma spectroscopy” Journal: Journal of Luminescence. Volume/Year: Volume 216 December 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.jlumin.2019.116740
- Delzer, Cordell & Zhuravleva, Mariya & Stand, Luis & Melcher, C. & Cherepy, Nerine & Payne, S. & Sanner, R. & Hayward, Jason. (2019). “Observations Regarding Inclusions in the Growth of Cs2HfCl6 Single Crystal Scintillators.” Journal of Crystal Growth. 531. 125336. 10.1016/j.jcrysgro.2019.125336.
- Parigger, Christian & Helstern, Christopher & Jordan, Ben & Surmick, David & Splinter, Robert. (2020). Laser-Plasma Spatiotemporal Cyanide Spectroscopy and Applications. Molecules. 25. 615. 10.3390/molecules25030615.
- Ben Jordan: Parigger, Christian, Helstern, Christopher; Jordan, Benjamin; Surmick, David; Splinter, Robert; “Laser-plasma spectroscopy of hydroxyl with applications”” MDPI
- Stand, L., Zhuravleva, M., Johnson, J., Koschan, M., Lukosi, E., Melcher, C., “Gamma-ray spectroscopic characterization of long, rapidly-grown KSr2I5:Eu crystals”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Volume 962, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2020.163700
- A.S. Moore, L.G. Worrall, C. Britton, S. Croft, K. Dayman, M.N. Ericson, R.D. McElroy, A.D. Nicholson, G. Nutter, R.B Warmack, J.P. Hayward. “Development and evaluation of a list mode neutron coincidence collar for spatial response measurements of fresh fuel assemblies” Nuclear Inst. and Method in Physics Research, A. (June 2020)
- Michael E. Moore; Cordell Delzer; Jeremy Watts; Jason P. Hayward; Brianna L. Musicó; Chen Xu; Robyn M. Collette; Philip D. Rack; Yanwen Zhang; Charles L. Melcher; Seth McConchie. Studying the effects of thermally diffusing Ce into the surface of YAlO3 for associated particle imaging. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, ISSN: 0168-583X, Vol: 473, Page: 55-61
- Shuangliang Cheng, Rachel E. Hunneke, Mengkun Tian, Eric Lukosi, Mariya Zhuravleva, Charles L. Melcher and Yuntao Wu. Self-assembled natLiCl–CeCl3 directionally solidified eutectics for thermal neutron detection. CrystEngComm. Issue 19, 2020.
- Grad. A. W. Decker and J. P. Hayward “Evaluation of a novel bismuth-loaded plastic array for X-ray and neutron radiography”, Proc. SPIE 11494, Hard X-Ray, Gamma-Ray, and Neutron Detector Physics XXII, 1149416 (20 August 2020); https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2567343
- M.C. Tweardy, S. McConchie, J.P. Hayward, “Quantifying the determinants of leakage multiplication for large uranium objects using Monte Carlo simulations,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, Vol. 954, Feb. 2020, 161684
October 2018 – September 2019 (NSSC2 Year 3):
- Caleb Redding, Alexandra Hackett, Mitchell Laubach, Rui Feng, Patrick Feng, Chuck Hurlbut, Peter Liaw, Jason P. Hayward. “Tensile, flexural, and light output measurements of selected organic scintillators for evaluation of their potential as structural materials.” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment. 2018.
- Simone, A., Croft S., Britton C., McElroy R., Ericson M., and Hayward J., “Investigating the non-ideal behavior of the Amptek A111 charge sensitive preamplifier & discriminator board–3He proportional counter combination used in common safeguards neutron coincidence counters.” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment (10/2018).
- Simone, A., Croft, S., Hayward, J., and Worrall, L., “Using the JCC-71 neutron coincidence collar as a benchmark for detector characterization with PTR-32 list mode data acquisition.” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, 908 (11/2018): 24-34
October 2017 – September 2018 (NSSC2 Year 2):
- Michael B. Shattan, Dorothy J. Miller, Matthew T. Cook, Ashley C. Stowe, John D. Auxier, Christian Parigger, and Howard L. Hall, “Detection of uranyl fluoride and sand surface contamination on metal substrates by hand-held laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy”, Applied Optics, Vol. 56, Issue 36. (2017)
- D. Rutstrom, R. Collette, L. Stand, M. Loyd, Y. Wu, M. Koschan, C. Melcher, M. Zhuravleva, “Investigating new activators for small-bandgap LaX3 (X = Br, I) scintillators”, Journal of Crystal Growth 483 (2018) 251-257.
- Sarwar, R., V. Astromskas, C. H. Zimmerman, G. Nutter, A. T. Simone, S. Croft, and M. J. Joyce, “An event-triggered coincidence algorithm for fast-neutron multiplicity assay corrected for cross-talk and photon breakthrough,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Volume 903, 21 September 2018, Pages 152-161.