The Nuclear Science and Security Consortium held the 2023 Fall Workshop and Advisory Board Meeting this October 17-18, at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories (LBNL) in Berkeley, California. This two-day event featured updates on NSSC programs and accomplishments, 13 student oral presentations, a poster session reception with 18 presenters, an NSSC alumni panel with 4 panelists, and a closed discussion session for the EAB. A total of 78 participants, including faculty and students from 11 universities, scientists from our five partner labs, and members of the NSSC External Advisory Board, attended the in-person event, with several others participating in the workshop virtually.
- The Berkeley Lab Guest House is on the LBNL site.
- The Marriott Residence Inn Berkeley is a short walk from both the Downtown Berkeley BART station and a stop on the Blue route of the free LBNL shuttle bus.
- The Bancroft Hotel is across the street from the UCB campus on the southside, near a stop on LBNL’s Orange shuttle route.
- The Hotel Shattuck Plaza is conveniently located near both the Downtown Berkeley BART station and a stop on the Blue route of the free LBNL shuttle bus.
- The Graduate is near the northeast corner of the University of California, Berkeley campus. The Orange route of the free LBNL shuttle bus stops nearby.
The NSSC is providing a dedicated event shuttle that will transport you directly to Building 66. This dedicated shuttle option features expedited badging. We strongly recommend that you use this shuttle service to streamline your access to the event but information on the standard LBNL shuttle bus is also included below. Please click here for directions to LBNL and for information on public transit and shuttle services, please click here.
Additional Helpful Information
– Business casual (e.g., collared shirts, dress slacks, skirts, blouses, and closed-toe shoes)
– Your NSSC institution will cover travel and lodging expenses associated with the event. Please contact your institution’s point of contact for additional guidance on your institution’s reimbursement policy.
– If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Ava Benkhatar at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our support line at email@example.com.